Sunday 10 August 2008

Poem Loves Place by Dora Aitkenhead

This poem was written by Dora one of my aromatherapy clients who we also provide outreach to for art and writing. Dora is what some would call profoundly disabled although it is indeed quite apparent she has many abilities and to coin a phrase one of my best friends quoted "We all have special Needs" don't we just!...Dora's given me permission to post this and it is the first of many of her poems I'm sure. Hopefully when we sort out the voice activated computer for her that will open up a whole new world for Dora and she'll be able to make many other connections too.


Loves Place

In your heart
I see a light
Like a Rose
A star, oh so bright.

In your eyes
I see a flowing light
Like a waterfall
Not cold, my silver and gold.

My heart speaks
Of stories untold
intertwining silver and gold
As my wings unfold

Freedom comes to my soul
My secrets will soon be told
The spirit of the eagle unleashed
Then I can be whole.

By Dora Aitkenhead

No comments: