Thursday 7 August 2008

Aberdour diamonds are a girls best friend

Here is my idea of diamonds, my favourite jewels! The treasures the kids and I found at Aberdour beach, okay so what that I was the only person jumping up and down singing "Look what I found!" Anyway this was my best shopping trip to date. I love beach-combing and have never found such an array of beautiful shells and pebbles. I place them out on trays, blankets e.t.c to admire the colours, shapes and textures and think about what I can create with them. I had a friend pop round with some of her recycled paper and have used some of these treasure as embellishments for poetry books. I will also use some for mirrors and cards. Originally I made the booklets for the writing group as inspiration for them to make their own booklet for their poems. I've made 12 so far and will post them when I've added the final touches.

"I think that whenever soul is present, it’s because what you’re doing, whom you’re with, where you are, evokes love without your thinking about it. You are totally absorbed in the place or person or event, without ego and without judgment."

Jean Shinoda Bolen







1 comment:

Lorna Cameron said...

Gracias dulce de usted decir así, y muy refrescante oír, agradable de usted para detener y de echar un vistazo. He tenido un vistazo a su blog y es muy informativo.