Thursday 28 August 2008

Creations from inspiration at Aberdour beach

Aberdour beach jewels were the catalyst that inspired me to make these booklets, they're made out of recycled paper. The fruits...oranges, lemons and limes I drained then dried in ramekins over the heater from the remnants of my cold/flu medicine, along with cloves, cinnamon and ginger then made the rest into pot pourri.... Mmmmm aaahh what a gorgeous aroma! Incorporated into each booklet are four poems that I've written over the last couple of years, there's about forty altogether, although some I wouldn't show here as they are too personal/private!

Also pictured is a storage box I made with recycled stuff, hand painted material for interior. The box is held up by a candle frog my son brought me back from his school trip to Holland, Belgium and Germany.