Saturday 26 July 2008

What's Right or left



What's Right or left!


Filled with joy from the moments
days of dance, song.
Remembering the joy that's been had
if I can
when I can.
knowing it's not me
but off course ME
Again I smile
a hopeful smile
through the tears and pain
that remain

Sitting up once more, slowly
silently
Willing myself to go on
to create, to nurture
the heart of my family
all that family.
Grieving
the ones we have lost
Where is their heart?
I'm not sure at all.
Maybe I shouldn't compare
as they are not I or us.

Three soldiers left to fight the rest.
Many guards, unique their dress
Do we have to fight?
To struggle long and hard
so far into the night
every night.
How many crossings
rivers, seas
mountains to climb?

A friend who asks what do you want?
My friend it's what I need
a want I will not demand.
He's deaf and blind
so what does he see?
The luxury of what I want was many seeds
Preparing the soil
tending the weeds
Still aspiring to the same, but my
how all has changed


Knowing we are all connected
Enjoying new family
ones who care
for more than themselves, like I.
Not afraid to feel
to touch
to say
or to bask
in the sun with I love you
And how much I miss you
The you that was
each and every day


Every beautiful sight and feeling
shared with you silently
every step of the way.
Although you may not of heard
or felt
but know, I knew
although comprehension few.
The times when prayer
is all we have left
and Love and Hope
the treasures we share
invisible
to the naked eye
but naked
to you and I.

by Lorna Cameron

No comments: