Sunday 13 April 2008

Winning poem... Knowing Love


Recently at the writing group I run we had a competition.....

"The great mystery of love is a popular subject and most poets have written something about the trials, tribulations, highs, lows and beauty of love.... therefore there is a prize for the most original poem this month"...... I asked another writer who was not part of the group to judge the poems and the rest of the group were eager that I enter too... I did not enter the competition as I knew I couldn't write a love poem...

Here is one of the most beautiful poems I have ever had the privilege to read ..... the winning poem.... from a very brave angel I know....called Pixi.

"Some Day after we have mastered the winds, the waves, the tides, and Gravity....We shall harness the energies of love. Then, for the second time in the history of the world man will have discovered fire" by Teilhard De Chardin.

Knowing Love

Give me a burn to
Wade through...to you
A burn to
Dive into...with you
Give me a burning love
Is it scary?
Naked for the heart and mind?
.....then it is love
Burning love, for you.

Give me a sky to
Look up to...for you
A sky to
Fly into....with you
Give me sky
Is it raging?
Heavenly of body
and soul?
.....Then, it is love
Heavenly love, for you.

Give me earth
To walk on...beside you
Earth to
Grow from...under you
Give me
Growing earth
Is it moist?
Nurturing for
bones and flesh?
Then it is love
Real love, knowing you.

By Sheila Buchanan

Every time I read this poem I cry, need I say more.....

No comments: