Friday 13 February 2009

November Art exhibition at gallery 8

It would seem I've been neglecting my blog over the last few months....Just had a lot to deal with that's all...So reflecting back to November...I have some photos of our art exhibition to share and over the next while I will be sharing more adventures, creations and discoveries...Some of the photos are a little out of focus which is unfortunate as it makes it harder to see the finer detail or true vibrancy of colour.

The art exhibition was at Gallery 8 in Aberdour(web addy link in side bar). Lewis very kindly cleared the gallery of all his work and gave us the whole studio for five days free of charge. We exhibited work from the clients of re-create Special needs group and some of our own work....Half of the proceeds went back into the re-create account to sustain future development. We all designed tshirts and I decided to try my hand at some canvas painting using gouache, water colours and acrylics, I was delighted to find out that I love to paint...For now it seems most relaxing for me to paint abstractly and it was more of an experiment than anything...as I had bumped into an old school pal of mine at an art exhibition and she wondered had I done anything with my art as apparently I was very good at it at secondary school...I have no recollection of this at all and was pleasantly surprised when I sold two canvases, a t-shirt and a poetry book!

Last year half of my poetry frames went to new homes, which was encouraging considering I spent the best part of the year struggling with ill health amongst other things. Now having overcome obstacles, a fresher perspective is shinning through creatively as I am beginning to feel more like myself again....Looking forward to many more developments as I pace my creative self alongside my commitments.




Sheila's work...Sheila is a textile artist and photographer, she also runs the re-create workshops.





Ali's work and she is wearing the t-shirt she designed
.







Ali's other T-shirt design




Gillians Masterpiece



Arthur's masterpieces...Arthur paints and weaves using only his head which has a helmet and copper pipe attached in which he inserts either a paintbrush or a fork for weaving...Fantastic! He sold most t-shirts and his achievements were recorded in a local art and poetry book.





Dora's weaving, which wasn't quite finished in time for the exhibition





My creations






My son Craig playing his guitar and some of the guests who attended the preview night.






No comments: